We have established strict protocols to maintain health department standards and protect everybody at school during this time. See details below:
- School hours: Our regular school hours will resume for the summer session: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Pick up and drop off: During car time, you can still use the drive thru, but you must grab your child from the car/ put them back in the car instead of the teacher doing it.
- Foot traffic in the school: We ask that during this time parents do not come inside the school unless an appointment is made. If you ever need to meet with a teacher, let the director know. Additionally, teachers will always be available during drop off and pick up each day to talk to parents for any concerns or questions.
- No shoes in class: Be sure that your student is wearing socks each day as they will take off their shoes to go up to class.
- Sickness: If a child has a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, we will isolate that child and expect parents to pick them up immediately. If a staff member is exhibiting symptoms, we will send them home. We are monitoring everybody’s health conditions carefully and ask that families please alert Bell Canyon in the event that your child has been exposed to somebody with COVID-19.
- Our staff will be on a disinfecting schedule to disinfect the shelves, tables, chairs, bathrooms, play equipment and any other high contact surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- We require that all children wash their hands when they arrive at school, after using the restroom, when returning from recess, before eating (snacks and lunch), before work time and after work time. We will also have hand sanitizer available as needed.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- The classrooms will be organized in such a way that students will have their own space to do their work.
- Visitors are allowed by appointment only.